renee caldwell photography

*** The NEW Renee Caldwell Photography website is now LIVE! Check it out at www.reneecaldwell.com.au and drop me a line to let me know what you think! ***

*** The blog has also been updated and can be found at
www.reneecaldwell.com.au/blog (please update your feeds). ***



. welcome .

It obviously goes without saying, but I adore photography ... love it! I love that one image can make you grin each time you see it or that another will make you catch your breath as you remember that very moment.

And, I adore people, and the relationships that shape their lives and make it unique. I feel honoured to be there to document the milestones of these relationships; pregnancies in full bloom; the awe of a birth; vulnerable and sweet newborns; cheeky, cheeky children and their families; the excitement and anticipation of an engagement; proud anniversaries; the once in a life time magic and celebration of a wedding ..... and all those "everyday" moments of life you have just got to capture before they disappear before your eyes!

My ultimate goal for you is to create a collection of images that tell the story of a life well lived ... and, well loved.




October 29, 2007

Maternity : Naree at 38 weeks

These are images from a maternity session with one of my oldest friends, Naree and her husband Lee. We had our session together with Naree just 18 days from her due date, and at the same place were Lee & Naree were married earlier this year.


We had a great time together during our session, and I'm so happy that Naree & Lee are happy with their photographs.


I'm even happier that Naree wrote the following piece about our session together, because this is exactly what I hope every pregnant woman I photograph feels after our session together ....



"Hi, my name is Naree. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and recently had a maternity photo shoot with Renee Caldwell. It was held on a beach at North Burleigh on the Gold Coast (the same spot I got married to my husband Lee)

When arriving at the beach, I was feeling very shy and insecure with my body and to be honest, dreading having my photo taken or being mistaken for a beached whale! With some much needed reassurance and support by Renee, within moments of the shoot beginning I felt at ease. She made sure that I was comfortable with whatever we were doing and let us be as natural as possible. I left the beach feeling liberated and proud to be pregnant. For the first time in months, I felt sexy pregnant and not just a big blob!

We would like to say thank you to Renee for making it such a wonderful experience and special moment for us. Naree and Lee Cousins"




My favourite! Such a 'celebration' of this time in her life - love it!




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love two of these photos, the first one on the beach by herself and the one with the 2 of them under the overhanging rock. Also, what Naree has written is lovely. But, they are all nice

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your words - we had a wonderful time at this session together, and the best news of all came this morning when Naree & Lee welcomed their son to the world.